Benefits of attending the Satcoms course
- Satellite systems planning and a thorough understanding of link budgets and QoS design:
- Identify modulation and encoding techniques for optimised performance of satcoms systems;
- Understand link budgets to assist you to sell the service products and better understand what is achievable in terms of quality of service.
- Spacecraft engineering and operation including antennas and payload design - better position yourself to work for satellite manufacturers that design spacecraft and the payload (plus support communication services hosted on it).
- Earth station design and satellite applications including access techniques and IP over satellite - so you will be able to achieve the highest (optimised) throughput, customer traffic and select the most appropriate access techniques for a given application to enable applications to work more efficiently; You will also understand better the key parts of ground stations and be better placed to select the most suitable equipment for each applications.
- Networks and system design, current commercial and military use as well as likely future trends - gain a better appreciation of the core principles, techniques and knowledge required to design complete end-to-end systems. Take away the essential tools and skills to enable you to work across a wide spectrum of terminal manufacturers, platform vendors, satellite providers and network operators.